ANTIMONY OXIDE TYPES
"VERY FINE" ANTIMONY OXIDE
particle size is 0.4 to 0.8 microns.
It has a very high tint strength. It has a higher
tint strength than (MP).
"MICROPURE" ANTIMONY OXIDE (MP).
- The particle size of MP is typically 0.80 to 1.1 microns. It has a fine
particle size and a very high tint strength and is preferred in many
applications such as the enameling of cast iron.
"HIGH TINT" ANTIMONY OXIDE (HT).
- HT is the industry standard antimony oxide, and it has a particle size of 1.1
to 1.8 microns. The product is used in most applications.
"LOW TINT" ANTIMONY OXIDE (LT). - L
T is a mixture of senarmontite, and typically more than 3% valentinite with an
average particle size of 1.8 to 3.0 microns. It is used where a low tint
strength is desirable to reduce the cost of pigments.
LOW DUST ANTIMONY OXIDE PRODUCTS. -
VP, MP, HT, and L T antimony oxide are offered in several different ways to
Wetted Antimony Oxide.
- Montana Brand antimony oxides are "wetted" to reduce dust formation typically
with 3 to 4% diisodecyl phthalate (OIOP), dioctyl phthalate (OOP), diisononyl
phthalate (OINP), or ethylene glycol (EG).
PVC, EVA Polyethylene or Butadiene bags.
- The antimony oxide can be supplied in low melt polyethylene, pve, EVA or
butadiene bags that can be charged directly into a resin batch.
Bulk Tank Trucks.
- Antimony oxide is also sold in pneumatic discharge tank trucks (PO's) with
capacities up to 48,000 pounds. The PO's can be discharged directly into silos
to reduce handling.
Bulk bags, hoppers, and totes.
- Antimony oxide in two to four thousand pound bulk bags, hoppers, and totes is
also sold to reduce dusting. They can be discharged directly into materials
handling equipment or silos.
Antimony Concentrates. - Antimony
oxide is also offered in various concentrates with loading of up to 90%. A
paraffin concentrate is offered that provides a release lubricant for moldinq.
Other concentrates are offered that are compatible with most resin formulations.
"Master batch" formulations can be provided for let down purposes.